Are you running from the live CD or do you have Knoppix installed to hard disk ?
Did you try to install the driver as root user ?
Hello.. I am a newcomer, don't ask.
Ok. So I have knoppix. My devices:
00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8753 [P4X266 AGP] (rev 01)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8633 [Apollo Pro266 AGP]
00:09.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905 100BaseTX [Boomerang]
00:11.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233 PCI to ISA Bridge
00:11.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586A/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT8233/A/C/VT8235 PIPC Bus Master IDE (rev 06)
00:11.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 1b)
00:11.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 1b)
00:11.4 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 1b)
00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 30)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV11 [GeForce2 MX/MX 400] (rev b2)
I have a game, ATITD. I try to load it, you know, and:
1) Using it I have 0,5 (?) FPS.
2) I have this error in the shell when the game's running from it:
knoppix@ttyp0[eClient]$ ./elaunch
Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
So I gotten me the drivers. RPM package. Used alien -i to install it. And got a weird error saying that:
dpkg: unable to access dpkg status area: Read-only file system
So, what do I do to get that installed?![]()
Are you running from the live CD or do you have Knoppix installed to hard disk ?
Did you try to install the driver as root user ?
1) Live CD, but I have my home dir on the HDOriginally Posted by windos_no_thanks
2) Of course I did
Ok, I don't think you can install new driver packages while running from CD.
Perhaps someone here knows some tricks to move the area you need to write
to from the CD to ramdisk but even if you get that working you'd have to repeat
it every time you boot.

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50