-
-
Senior Member
registered user
Well, on a vast majority of machines Knoppix just works without any problems but you seldom hear about those here. (I had run it successfully on dozens of machines before finding one with problems, which caused me to join this forum) Unfortunately many hardware makers are still busy kissing up to Micro$oft and don't test their stuff with anything else...
Anyway, could you post the output of lspci -v here so we could take a guess on what is going wrong ? Since you don't have the net working you could mount a floppy disk, save the result there and then reboot to windoze or move it to another machine with net access.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Makers of USB DSL and cable modems should be shot. I do helpdesk support for DSL service at one of my jobs, and all I have to say about USB connections for DSL is- USE A NETWORK CARD!
Your DSL equipment probably came with an ethernet cable, and ytou can find PCI ethernet cards for around $5 US usually. I got my last one for $1. Odds are very good that you will have fewer problems and better performance using one. For that matter, any pppoe-capable router can also be a nice thing to have.
-
Sagem modems should work as there are Linux drivers available for them. I did an install of a Sagem USB ADSL modem recently and I was suprised to find Linux drivers on the CD for it. I did the installation for Windows, however , so I can't tell you how to get it running. Look on the Sagem website for drivers and installation instructions.
And stop your stupid ranting.
Similar Threads
-
By katolo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 08:16 PM
-
By LinuxNewbie03 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-19-2003, 10:56 PM
-
By katolo in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-05-2003, 12:36 AM
-
By ArtE in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-07-2003, 01:51 AM
-
By senorian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-11-2002, 11:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95