It IS q(both upper and lower case seem to work)
BTW, man is not an editor, it's not even a viewer. In a default Knoppix setup man automatically pipes it's output to "more", so it you want to learn what keys to use read more's man page first.
I realize that this has got to be the noobest question anyone can think of, but, I have crashed so many konsole shell screens to the point of loosing my shell completely...
When in man, how to you EXIT man, and return to the calling shell?
I tried [esc], no luck, I tried [ctrl]+C, no luck, I tried Q and [ctrl]+Q, both, no luck...
How do you get out of these things? I was in a apt-get upgrade, and ended up in a man page from one of the upgrades, didn't figure out how to get out, and ended up crashing the shell screen. I ended up having to rerun the apt-get to find out that my boo-boo needed to be resolved by doing a dpkg --configure -a to correct it.
Is their a "common" -=- non-crashing -=- method to exiting a man, or an editor like man?
Thanks a billion,
Cuddles
It IS q(both upper and lower case seem to work)
BTW, man is not an editor, it's not even a viewer. In a default Knoppix setup man automatically pipes it's output to "more", so it you want to learn what keys to use read more's man page first.
Oops, it used to be " more" in traditional unix but in Knoppix it seems to be "less" , which is compatible but has more features than "more".
even though it's "less"?![]()
Yep, people like to play games with the names of their software, especially when it is similar to something that already exists.Originally Posted by Hunkah
There is also another more substitute called "most" that is supposed to be even more advanced than less.
![]()

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72