-
Senior Member
registered user
Noob Q? man and other editors in shell... (resolved)
I realize that this has got to be the noobest question anyone can think of, but, I have crashed so many konsole shell screens to the point of loosing my shell completely...
When in man, how to you EXIT man, and return to the calling shell?
I tried [esc], no luck, I tried [ctrl]+C, no luck, I tried Q and [ctrl]+Q, both, no luck...
How do you get out of these things? I was in a apt-get upgrade, and ended up in a man page from one of the upgrades, didn't figure out how to get out, and ended up crashing the shell screen. I ended up having to rerun the apt-get to find out that my boo-boo needed to be resolved by doing a dpkg --configure -a to correct it.
Is their a "common" -=- non-crashing -=- method to exiting a man, or an editor like man?
Thanks a billion,
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By TecHunter in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-16-2005, 05:04 AM
-
By splittik in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-22-2005, 07:38 AM
-
By Mikkey in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 09:57 PM
-
By niXnoob in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-06-2004, 04:56 AM
-
By ktheking in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-29-2003, 12:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Vintage C64 Commodore 1571 Floppy Disc Drive “Powers On” UNTESTED, As Is
$109.97

Commodore OS Vision 3.0 USB Bootable Installer The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS
$24.99

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

Commodore 64 Vintage Computer System *PARTS/AS IS*
$70.00

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 64 disk drive - enhancer 2000 & 30 disks
$110.00

Vintage Commodore 1581 Disk Drive Powers Up Original Box
$375.00

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99