You can either create a knoppix boot floppy (just run mkfloppy.bat), or use SmartBootManger to create a diskette able to boot from CD.
I know this is a really dumb question but my old pII's bios is too old to boot from a CD is there a way that I can use a floppy to install Knoppix? i know there's a way i just can't find it anywere!
You can either create a knoppix boot floppy (just run mkfloppy.bat), or use SmartBootManger to create a diskette able to boot from CD.
If you are running windoze just put a floppy in the floppy-drive and go to the KNOPPIX directory on the CD. Run mkfloppy.bat, once it is finished you should be able to boot from the floppy.
ok... I tried that but all I get when I clik that is.
D:\knoppix>set cmdline=
bad command or filename
Hmm, haven't used windos in ages.... What happens if you open a DOS window and run it there ? BTW what version of windos are you running ?
i have 95... It says the same thing on my newer computer with ME on it too.
Well, I'm pretty sure I've used it in a dos window on a 95 or 98 box a long time ago, just try that instead of clicking on it.
nope didn't work, now it says
D:/knoppix/"
whenever i click it
Don't click on anything, use the command line.
Use "cd" to get to D:\KNOPPIX unless you already are there, then just type "mkfloppy.bat"
thats what i did!

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1690.40
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
1TB 2TB 4TB Portable SSD Type-C External Hard Drive USB 3.1 High Speed PC
$15.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$452.53
Apple Macbook Pro 16" M1 Max 10-Core 32GB 1TB - Good
$1099.99
Western Digital PC SN8000S 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 SSD
$105.00