-
Senior Member
registered user
Xine error after doing a Upgrade, error posted. (resolved)
Xine was working perfectly yesterday, last night I did a apt-get -u upgrade - I don't think XINE was in the upgrade list, but now, I can't get Xine to go anywhere.
Xine opens up the Video Window, the GUI Window, and the Xine Splash, after a few seconds, poof, they all dissapear, nothing.
I was running it from the KMenu, and by running it from a Konsole Shell, the following error is shown:
CODE:
This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.9.23.
(c) 2000-2003 The xine Team.
dxr3_scr: Failed to open control device /dev/em8300-0 (No such file or directory)
load_plugins: failed to load audio output plugin <alsa>
xine: relocation error: xine: undefined symbol: xine_osd_get_capabilities
Could this be something about having to re-do the apt-get the [dvd] lib, the one from videolan.org? As I said previously, I had Xine working perfectly yesterday, and only did a Upgrade since then. Did my Upgrade hose my dvd lib? Or is this a bad version of Xine, even though I don't think Xine was Upgraded?
Help - I was going to show off Debian/Knoppix to some friends with having the video running, while doing a lot of other things - something [they] or I could never do inside a Windoze system...
Thanks, as always, to any assistance,
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By Freitag in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-13-2005, 01:25 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 01:55 PM
-
By luegner in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 02:27 PM
-
By sk545 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 15
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 04:58 AM
-
By athlonthunder in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 05:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00

Vintage Apple Mac mini CIB (2009 Mod A1283) Original box/sealed manuals
$450.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Performa 6300CD M3076 Powers On Chimes Untested As Is
$99.00

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **
$99.99

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer - Works
$169.99

Apple Mac Microphone Vintage 1990 Model 590-0617-A AUX Original Box Gray Japan
$14.95

Vintage StuffIt Deluxe Mac Software Box SEALED NEW Macintosh Aladdin Systems
$40.00