-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Cuddles
Should I go for the v1.0PRE3 source, or the older v0.92 ???
I assume, the best, would be to get the "all-in-one" Codec's
Do I need GOOM? (what in the world is GOOM?)
Do I need to get any of the extra Codec's - if I get the all-in-one? I just plan on using the DVD Player anyway.
Do I need any of the Fonts? Or is it fine without them?
Thanks for all the help, in advance, and for getting me this far...
Cuddles
[ps] Anyone have any resolve on Xine, I am waiting for that as well

You can get already built packages for mplayer add:
To your /etc/apt/sources.list and dselect update and then to install apt-get -s install mplayer-??? w32codecs replace the ??? with the machine type of install you want 386, 686 or k7 you may want to look at installing some of the suggested and recommended as well it been a while so I not sure what can get pulled in with it and if the command looks good remove the -s to install some notes I made for my self at the time of install you may want to do similar if you find the same behavior now:
Code:
Mplayer command line tweaks I noticed from warnings when running it from the command line to get configuration files recognized and my joystick working. 2003-11-05
For joystick:
HappyTux:/home/stephen# ll /dev/input/js0
crw-rw---- 1 root root 13, 0 2002-03-14 17:54 /dev/input/js0
HappyTux:/home/stephen# chmod o+r /dev/input/js0
HappyTux:/home/stephen# ll /dev/input/js0
crw-rw-r-- 1 root root 13, 0 2002-03-14 17:54 /dev/input/js0
For input.conf:
HappyTux:/home/stephen# cp /etc/mplayer/input.conf /home/stephen/.mplayer/
HappyTux:/home/stephen# chown stephen:stephen /home/stephen/.mplayer/input.conf
For codecs.conf:
HappyTux:/home/stephen# cp /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf /home/stephen/.mplayer/
HappyTux:/home/stephen# chown stephen:stephen /home/stephen/.mplayer/codecs.conf
For fonts.desc
HappyTux:/home/stephen# mkdir /home/stephen/.mplayer/font
HappyTux:/home/stephen# cp /usr/share/mplayer/font/font.desc /home/stephen/.mplayer/font/
HappyTux:/home/stephen# chown stephen:stephen /home/stephen/.mplayer/font/font.desc
HappyTux:/home/stephen# chown stephen:stephen /home/stephen/.mplayer/font
Similar Threads
-
By Freitag in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-13-2005, 01:25 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 01:55 PM
-
By luegner in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 02:27 PM
-
By sk545 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 15
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 04:58 AM
-
By athlonthunder in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 05:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99