Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Where can I find kernel source?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10

    Where can I find kernel source?

    I have just installed Knoppix 3.3. on my HD and it performs great!. Now, I was customising drivers and other stuff and I realized there is no kernel sorce in the installation.
    Anyone knows where can I get the original Knoppix 2.4.22-xfs kernel source?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    It used to be in /usr/src/

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10
    I know. It is "used to be", but it is NOT there. I meant: where can I find it to download?

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    11
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but, couldn't
    you just use the regular kernel sources from Debian or
    kernel.org to recompile as the xfs stuff is not needed
    anyways?

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10
    oh, maybe yes. Could anyone confirm I do not need anymore the xfs patch?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    21
    For the latest Knoppix 3.3 release version (kernel 2.4.24-xfs) look here:

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8102

    The source for kernel 2.4.22-xfs used in previous versions of Knoppix (e.g. 3.2 and 3.3-2003 versions) is still available at:

    http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppi...Custom_all.deb

Similar Threads

  1. kernel-source or kernel-tree
    By echo6 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 11:42 AM
  2. How do I install kernel source and config/compile kernel??
    By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
  3. Kernel Source 2.4.23-xfs and Kernel install for wlan-ng
    By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
  4. Kernel Build with kernel-source-2.4.20-xfs:
    By TheCyberDude in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2003, 03:10 PM
  5. custom kernel, debian source vs kernel.org source
    By garyng in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 09:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD picture

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD

$100.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$330.73



Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive

$29.99