-
Strange helpful thing Knoppix did for my WinXP desktop
On my winxp desktop I lost wireless connectivity via my 2wire USB sharkfin a few weeks ago. Several tries even with the DSL tech support at SBC did not resolve problem (reinstall/reconfigure etc. for the 2wire drivers/software did nothing).
A few days ago I burned a Knoppix 3.3 cd on another machine and booted up with it on my winxp desktop. Played around with it and it was fun. Powered down, waited a minute and rebooted with WinXP just to make sure everything was ok. Norton popped up notifying me it did an automatic update -- I popped up IE and voila, internet working 100% again.
Either EEPROM/flash memory/setting was flushed during knoppix autodetection or possible ip reset (I use DHCP), does anyone have any ideas? Im leaning towards some small eeprom memory in the sharkfin USB getting flushed by knoppix.
Anyhow, I love how Knoppix boots quickly, detects virtually everything and allows me to emergency remove data from NTFS partitions to a USB device (camera, USB ext drive etc).
Thank you to Klaus for making this and thank you to the knoppix.net community for being here. I wiped a 20gb paritition and installed linux there, I look forward to configuring the USB 2wire wireless for network access for my linux partition.
Thanks all,
Linuxwind
Similar Threads
-
By fabiand in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-09-2004, 07:03 PM
-
By RandomGoon in forum The Lounge
Replies: 12
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 09:06 PM
-
By rasterrex in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 12:13 AM
-
By mpeters13 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 07:08 AM
-
By les-paul in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 07:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

Commodore Amiga Color CRT Monitor Model 1084S-P Stereo - Parts Or Repair
$100.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95