Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: USB device not accepting new address

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5

    USB device not accepting new address

    Hello,
    I am running Knoppix installed on hard disk. I can't get my Intel 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB rec 01 UHCI USB controller to work with any device. I only see the UHCI hub in the USB view utility. Also, under /proc/bus/usb only the 01 file appears for the USB hub. I added in /etc/fstab the line "none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs auto 0 0" and mounted it manually.

    I get these messages when I plug a USB device and do "dmesg |grep usb"
    usb-dhci: interrupt, status 2
    usb.c: USB device not accepting new address __ (error -110)

    Also, how do I "make menuconfig" as given by http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/c122.html. What directory am I supposed to be in?

    Any help is kindly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Frank

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10

    Same problem here...

    I installed knoppix 3.3, changed sources.list to match sid's and dist-upgraded.

    After upgrading to 2.6.2 (with debian patches) Iget the same error as you do:
    "hub 2-0:1.0: new USB device on port 1, assigned address 3
    usb 2-1: device not accepting address 3, error -110
    hub 2-0:1.0: Cannot enable port 1. Maybe the USB cable is bad?"

    I've got this problem when pluggin in a wireless card (I've tryed 2 different ones); I'm using a logitech mouse with no problems, and have tryed successfully one usb wireless card when booting the "old" 2.4.22, so maybe the new 2.6 are the problem 8-?

    Bye!

Similar Threads

  1. USB device not accepting new address
    By Linoobie in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:06 AM
  2. Can't resolve address ?
    By koselan in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 06:21 AM
  3. Cant use CD rom device "not a valid block device"
    By YuXeL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 01:48 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 04:51 AM
  5. accepting SUN Java license
    By trivas7 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 04:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW picture

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW

$49.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9" 128GB Silver Wi-Fi SM-X400NZSAXAR

$206.00



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra picture

Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra

$20.99



Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc picture

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc

$27.99



Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD picture

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD

$59.99



Samsung Portable SSD T9 2TB USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 2000MB/s AES Drop Black picture

Samsung Portable SSD T9 2TB USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 2000MB/s AES Drop Black

$325.00



SAMSUNG ViewFinity S5 34

SAMSUNG ViewFinity S5 34" QHD Monitor 100Hz 5ms AMD FreeSync S34C50DGAN #BU4874

$154.59