Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: USB device not accepting new address

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5

    USB device not accepting new address

    Hello,
    I am running Knoppix installed on hard disk. I can't get my Intel 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB rec 01 UHCI USB controller to work with any device. I only see the UHCI hub in the USB view utility. Also, under /proc/bus/usb only the 01 file appears for the USB hub. I added in /etc/fstab the line "none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs auto 0 0" and mounted it manually.

    I get these messages when I plug a USB device and do "dmesg |grep usb"
    usb-dhci: interrupt, status 2
    usb.c: USB device not accepting new address __ (error -110)

    Also, how do I "make menuconfig" as given by http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/c122.html. What directory am I supposed to be in?

    Any help is kindly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Frank

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10

    Same problem here...

    I installed knoppix 3.3, changed sources.list to match sid's and dist-upgraded.

    After upgrading to 2.6.2 (with debian patches) Iget the same error as you do:
    "hub 2-0:1.0: new USB device on port 1, assigned address 3
    usb 2-1: device not accepting address 3, error -110
    hub 2-0:1.0: Cannot enable port 1. Maybe the USB cable is bad?"

    I've got this problem when pluggin in a wireless card (I've tryed 2 different ones); I'm using a logitech mouse with no problems, and have tryed successfully one usb wireless card when booting the "old" 2.4.22, so maybe the new 2.6 are the problem 8-?

    Bye!

Similar Threads

  1. USB device not accepting new address
    By Linoobie in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:06 AM
  2. Can't resolve address ?
    By koselan in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 06:21 AM
  3. Cant use CD rom device "not a valid block device"
    By YuXeL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 01:48 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 04:51 AM
  5. accepting SUN Java license
    By trivas7 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 04:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard picture

MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard

$163.49



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU

$45.00



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen picture

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen

$59.99