Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: USB device not accepting new address

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5

    USB device not accepting new address

    Hello,
    I am running Knoppix installed on hard disk. I can't get my Intel 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB rec 01 UHCI USB controller to work with any device. I only see the UHCI hub in the USB view utility. Also, under /proc/bus/usb only the 01 file appears for the USB hub. I added in /etc/fstab the line "none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs auto 0 0" and mounted it manually.

    I get these messages when I plug a USB device and do "dmesg |grep usb"
    usb-dhci: interrupt, status 2
    usb.c: USB device not accepting new address __ (error -110)

    Also, how do I "make menuconfig" as given by http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/c122.html. What directory am I supposed to be in?

    Any help is kindly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Frank

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10

    Same problem here...

    I installed knoppix 3.3, changed sources.list to match sid's and dist-upgraded.

    After upgrading to 2.6.2 (with debian patches) Iget the same error as you do:
    "hub 2-0:1.0: new USB device on port 1, assigned address 3
    usb 2-1: device not accepting address 3, error -110
    hub 2-0:1.0: Cannot enable port 1. Maybe the USB cable is bad?"

    I've got this problem when pluggin in a wireless card (I've tryed 2 different ones); I'm using a logitech mouse with no problems, and have tryed successfully one usb wireless card when booting the "old" 2.4.22, so maybe the new 2.6 are the problem 8-?

    Bye!

Similar Threads

  1. USB device not accepting new address
    By Linoobie in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:06 AM
  2. Can't resolve address ?
    By koselan in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 06:21 AM
  3. Cant use CD rom device "not a valid block device"
    By YuXeL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 01:48 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 04:51 AM
  5. accepting SUN Java license
    By trivas7 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 04:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$461.10



SanDisk Creator Phone SSD 2TB MagSafe USB-C USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Blue picture

SanDisk Creator Phone SSD 2TB MagSafe USB-C USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Blue

$245.00



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$288.98



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1774.24



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000 picture

HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000

$599.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



DELL LATITUDE 7430 INTEL i7-1265U @ 4.80GHZ 32GB DDR4 - NO SSD AC OS - USED picture

DELL LATITUDE 7430 INTEL i7-1265U @ 4.80GHZ 32GB DDR4 - NO SSD AC OS - USED

$249.95



Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1TB 9ZFAY6-570 External Hard Drive Black USB 3.0 New picture

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1TB 9ZFAY6-570 External Hard Drive Black USB 3.0 New

$68.00