Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: USB device not accepting new address

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5

    USB device not accepting new address

    Hello,
    I am running Knoppix installed on hard disk. I can't get my Intel 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB rec 01 UHCI USB controller to work with any device. I only see the UHCI hub in the USB view utility. Also, under /proc/bus/usb only the 01 file appears for the USB hub. I added in /etc/fstab the line "none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs auto 0 0" and mounted it manually.

    I get these messages when I plug a USB device and do "dmesg |grep usb"
    usb-dhci: interrupt, status 2
    usb.c: USB device not accepting new address __ (error -110)

    Also, how do I "make menuconfig" as given by http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/c122.html. What directory am I supposed to be in?

    Any help is kindly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Frank

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10

    Same problem here...

    I installed knoppix 3.3, changed sources.list to match sid's and dist-upgraded.

    After upgrading to 2.6.2 (with debian patches) Iget the same error as you do:
    "hub 2-0:1.0: new USB device on port 1, assigned address 3
    usb 2-1: device not accepting address 3, error -110
    hub 2-0:1.0: Cannot enable port 1. Maybe the USB cable is bad?"

    I've got this problem when pluggin in a wireless card (I've tryed 2 different ones); I'm using a logitech mouse with no problems, and have tryed successfully one usb wireless card when booting the "old" 2.4.22, so maybe the new 2.6 are the problem 8-?

    Bye!

Similar Threads

  1. USB device not accepting new address
    By Linoobie in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:06 AM
  2. Can't resolve address ?
    By koselan in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 06:21 AM
  3. Cant use CD rom device "not a valid block device"
    By YuXeL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 01:48 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 04:51 AM
  5. accepting SUN Java license
    By trivas7 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 04:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$229.99



Lenovo THINKPAD L15 GEN 4 15.6

Lenovo THINKPAD L15 GEN 4 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$258.00



LENOVO THINKPAD E15 GEN 4 INTEL i7-1255U 1.70GHZ 8GB - NO SSD AC OS - USED picture

LENOVO THINKPAD E15 GEN 4 INTEL i7-1255U 1.70GHZ 8GB - NO SSD AC OS - USED

$244.95



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...

$349.99



Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...

$749.99



Lenovo Thinkbook 15 G2, i5 1135G7, 256GB, 8GB, 20VE003GUS no OS, Iris Xe, 15.6

Lenovo Thinkbook 15 G2, i5 1135G7, 256GB, 8GB, 20VE003GUS no OS, Iris Xe, 15.6"

$200.00



Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core i5-1135G7@2.40GHz Laptop picture

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop

$220.36