I'm running Samba on my hard disk installed Knoppix 3.3. When I connect from my Mac OS 10.3 iBook using Samba the transfer speed is only about 100KB/sec. When I connect to my windows machine on the same network the transfer speed is much faster.
Also, when I ftp some files from Knoppix to my Mac the speed is also much faster. For some reason Samba is running much slower than it should be.
Can anyone provide some answers?
Many thanks,
Vincent

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00
Lot of 50 HPE Mellanox 655874B21 Rev B2 40G QSFP to 10G SFP Adapter G2U
$224.95
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
ProLabs SFP-10G-SR-C 10GBASE SR SFP+ MMF 850NM MMF RoHS Class 1 Laser
$15.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50