Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Restart Session

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1

    Restart Session

    I am running Knoppix 3.3 from my cd rom. I make changes to the display resolution, the homepage in the web browser, then it tells me that the changes won't take effect until I restart the session. I am not quite sure how to accomplish that. This is my first time using Knoppix or any Linux, I am not of the computer generation, so please make your response very easy to follow. thanks.
    Knoppix is fantastic, I can't believe it. I want to use it more as I gain some competency. I am having problems just locating where to make the changes, trial+ error.
    Also the first time I ran Knoppix from my cd rom, everything was booting up ok, then the screen just went back, no action from the cd player. So I turn off my computer, then start it up again, Knoppix goes through the process of loading again, this time it completes and the desktop appears. This seems to happen every time. What am I not doing properly. Thanks, again.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1
    I had the same problem as you and was also wondering how to restart the session to make screen resolution changes take effect. It's simple:

    Penguin icon on task bar -> Utilities -> Choose/Restart KNOPPIX Desktop

    This post is too late for you, but it might help other people in future.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    47
    hello. goto root shell and type
    `reboot` to reboot your computer
    `poweroff` to turn off your computer
    `logoff` to exit your current session
    if it says this is not login shell then do
    `exit`

Similar Threads

  1. restart or reboot?
    By elbarto in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 04:49 AM
  2. How do I restart syslog and bootlog??
    By MillTek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 05:12 PM
  3. Cannot restart xserver
    By debi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 08:37 PM
  4. How to restart
    By dex in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2003, 12:29 PM
  5. Restart kde without rebooting??
    By jensen in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 09:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)

$310.00



Samsung 990 Pro Solid State Drive 1TB PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD picture

Samsung 990 Pro Solid State Drive 1TB PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD

$204.99



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1 picture

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1

$60.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM picture

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM

$99.99



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77