Are you sure about this? I've never had to be root to run it.Originally Posted by ery
Hi,
I just installed the latest Knoppix (V3.3.-2003-11-19) on my harddisk.
[I am impressed with the smoothness of the installation. ALL of the
hardware are recognized, except the Speedtouch Modem (USB)
which needs a little more tweak. But his is not the reason I post this
message]
Its about the flash installation script (Knoppix ==> Utilities ==> Install flash
plugin). Its a very good script.
However, we have to be root to run it. And the plugin is installed in
root's home directory (i.e. /root/.mozilla/plugins).
So, other user will not enjoy the newly installed plugin. It should install
the plugin in the user's home directory.
Solution:
Copy the installed files to the main mozilla directory (as root):
# cp /root/.mozilla/plugins/*flash* /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
Suggestion:
1. Let users run the script, but the plugins is installed in user's home
directory.
2. If the script is run as root, the plugins should be installed in mozilla
main directory.
Just want to share my two cents of thought,
Ery
Are you sure about this? I've never had to be root to run it.Originally Posted by ery
I just went and installed flash and java to the borwsers before remastering my CD.![]()
Yes, sir! I am very sure.Originally Posted by aay
However, I did this through the GUI menu K ==> Knoppix ==> Utilities ==> Install flash plugin.
After your posting, I checked that the script itself (/usr/bin/install_flashplugin.sh) is world-executable so I can execute that from shell.
Glitches in the GUI?
Ery

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99
Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99
Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00
Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99