What does ifconfig -a return?
Thank you,
Joshua SS Miler
The Kernel seems to recognize the gigabit ethernet card and displays:
Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Driver - version 3.1.23
Copyright etc...
It actually displays this twice. However when I try to config the interface:
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.100 netmask 255.255.255.0
I get:
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
when I cat /proc/pci I can see the details of the NIC.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
What does ifconfig -a return?
Thank you,
Joshua SS Miler
Apparantly there are at least a few versions of this card, the verison I have is an onboard version on the Intel motherboard that comes with the GX260 from Dell. Anyway, the current version of the driver available on Intel's website works fine for my card. Unfortunately, many distributions that have this driver use the kernel code that is about a full release version behind (3.x instead of 4.x) Thanks for your suggestion, if I have any reason to boot into Knoppix again anytime soon I will try it and post the results here. However I was only trying to use knoppix to get a partimage system that would work with a lot of different hosts. Thanks again.

$650.00
P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N
$1100.00
2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99
128GB (8x16GB) DDR4-2400 ECC Registered Server RAM PC4-2400T 2Rx8 RDIMM
$525.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory
$2150.00
2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99