-
Gigabit ethernet driver problem (Intel Pro/1000)
The Kernel seems to recognize the gigabit ethernet card and displays:
Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Driver - version 3.1.23
Copyright etc...
It actually displays this twice. However when I try to config the interface:
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.100 netmask 255.255.255.0
I get:
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
when I cat /proc/pci I can see the details of the NIC.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
-
mine works but not sure of version
What does ifconfig -a return?
Thank you,
Joshua SS Miler
-
I actually figured out what the problem is
Apparantly there are at least a few versions of this card, the verison I have is an onboard version on the Intel motherboard that comes with the GX260 from Dell. Anyway, the current version of the driver available on Intel's website works fine for my card. Unfortunately, many distributions that have this driver use the kernel code that is about a full release version behind (3.x instead of 4.x) Thanks for your suggestion, if I have any reason to boot into Knoppix again anytime soon I will try it and post the results here. However I was only trying to use knoppix to get a partimage system that would work with a lot of different hosts. Thanks again.
Similar Threads
-
By Florinux in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-08-2005, 05:07 AM
-
By jasperlevink in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2003, 10:59 PM
-
By pankepasa in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-08-2003, 02:58 AM
-
By MeglaW in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-04-2003, 04:29 AM
-
By Stonent in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-03-2003, 07:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$34.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00