Nevermind! It does work. Just user error. Sorry!
I have an IOGear GUC210T USB 2.0 Fast Ethernet adapter. When I plug it in, the console prints a message (paraphrased) "usb.c device not claimed by any active driver".
I think this adapter uses the ASIX AX88172 chipset. Is there even a Linux driver for this chip?
I don't have much experience with Linux so your patience is appreciated. Thanks!
Nevermind! It does work. Just user error. Sorry!

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99
Lenovo Thinkpad L390 Yoga Laptop 13.3" 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected]
$139.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo - Yoga 7a 2-in-1 16" 2K LCD Touchscreen Laptop - AMD Ryzen AI 7 445 20...
$849.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...
$349.99
Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo Thinkbook 15 G2, i5 1135G7, 256GB, 8GB, 20VE003GUS no OS, Iris Xe, 15.6"
$200.00
Lenovo Thinkpad T14S Gen 1 Laptop 14" 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core i5-10210U
$159.00