-
Black screen...
Knoppix has been nothing but trouble for me so far. Finally though Ive gotten to the point where I can boot from the CD, and I get to the boot: screen. No matter what I type at this screen, the screen goes black, UNLESS I type failsafe. In that case, it just gives me a CRC error. I have no clue what that is, but maybe someone here does. Right now Im running Windows XP Home Edition on a Dell PC. The specs are:
2.0ghz Pentium 4 Processor
40gig harddrive
256ram
64mb NVidia Geforce4 MX w/ TV out
Liteon DVD+/-RW LDW-4115
Liteon DVD-Rom LTD163
Standard PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse
Cnet Pro200WL PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
I have no idea what could be causing this problem, hopefully someone here might be able to help though. BTW, I am a comlpete newbie with Linux, this will be my first time ever using a distro.
UPDATE:
If I try booting with: "failsafe lang=us" then it gets to the part where it says "Uncompressing Linux..." then it gives me the CRC error, and it says System Halted. Then I have to reboot manually
UPDATE 2:
I tried reburning the image with Nero at a slower speed (8x as opposed to 32x the first time), but Im still getting the CRC error when I try to run in failsafe mode.
Similar Threads
-
By mikeym9477 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-08-2004, 04:59 AM
-
By vinraec in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 04:32 PM
-
By Eponick in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 02:36 AM
-
By mperry2014 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-29-2003, 05:58 AM
-
By Jmack0013 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-18-2003, 04:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00