I have been working on a 'kiosk' type application. I want no user logins (for security reasons), but need the alternate TTYs.
1) replace the bash shells on tty2-5 with 'stty onlret' for proper \n handling.
2) in rcx.d start 'appX > /dev/tty2', 'appY >/dev/tty3' ...
3) remove shell on tty1
Now the Ctl-Alt-Fx stops working. I assume that there must be someone requesting keyboard input to keep the keyboard active.
Where does the C-A-Fx processing take place in the stack between the bios kbd reader/kernel module/application?
Can I just start a process that sucks in keypresses to keep the kbd stack alive? "cat /dev/tty1 | /dev/null" (or something like that)?
Can I write an application that reads the keyboard directly, without concern of which tty is active? I didn't find a generic /dev/kbd.
BillS

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00