-
Senior Member
registered user
??? Clone a user to a different name ???
Ok, I guess this is REALLY a noob question, cause I've had it posted in the newsgroup I thought it should be in, and it hasn't gotten any responses -=- So, I am cross-posting into the HD Install -=- to get an answer...
Included Cross-Posted Networking Newsgroup post:
Pardon my noob issue, but, with Knoppix, I've been thrust into being an account manager now...
I want to duplicate a current user into another name.
Issue #1 - Can I "copy" or duplicate a user I have setup as a template - lets say "knoppix" for an example - Can I copy that account and user as a different name? If so, can they share the same /home or do they need a different home directory??? Will all the access and permissions copy as well?
Issue #2 - Can a directory be created that is shared across all users, write, read, and exec, that DOESN'T exist in someones home directory? Or can this only be done in ones home area?
Please explain resolution in simp terms - I went into this role kicking and scratching...
Thanks for any assistance,
Cuddles
[ps] Knoppix 3.3 v2.4.22-xfs HD Install, non-dualboot, 40gig HD.
Similar Threads
-
By Highland in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 03:53 PM
-
By zspecfenix17 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 05:58 PM
-
By Valent in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-07-2004, 03:51 AM
-
By SunnyB in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 02:02 PM
-
By iconfly in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-13-2003, 09:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99