-
EXT3, Reiserfs, xfs...any comments on the filesystem types?
I recently reinstalled Knoppix yet again and chose to go with a different filesystem this time. I had been using EXT3 everytime, but read somewhere that Reiserfs and XFS are faster.
Is there a reason why choosing the file-system is left out of the newer installer script? I had to use knx-hdinstall in order to choose a different one. Let me know if the option is in there and I'm just missing it.
Also, is there any reason to avoid Reiserfs and XFS? I actually tried XFS first and the install didn't seem to finish correctly...which may have just been a coincidence. But I then tried Reiserfs and it went fine. It also does seem to be faster than EXT3 was.
Similar Threads
-
By mallyone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 10:46 PM
-
By beakmyn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-18-2004, 03:37 PM
-
By thiagoalencar in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-28-2004, 11:22 PM
-
By champagnemojo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 06:53 PM
-
By gwylion in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-12-2003, 03:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95