-
Processes respawning too fast...
I have a HD install of Knoppix 3.3 (11-19-03). The first thing I noticed was that the syslog daemon wasn't working. After some investigating, I found that /sbin/syslogd was an empty file. So, I booted up with the CD and copied /sbin/syslogd to /my-hd-install-partition/sbin/syslogd. Now the syslog works properly. I'm not sure why the HD install didn't copy this file properly. Any ideas?
Second, when I try to shutdown, the computer hangs during the shutdown process. One of the consoles has LOTS of messages saying something like:
INIT: "4" respawning too fast. Disabled for 5 minutes...
INIT: "5" respawning too fast. Disabled for 5 minutes...
and on...
and on...
Any ideas on this one?
Thanks,
BR
Similar Threads
-
By Seldon in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-08-2004, 02:23 AM
-
By walwal in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-14-2004, 07:22 PM
-
By maxxedout in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 08:33 PM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 08:57 PM
-
By bamarob in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-28-2004, 06:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00