Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: MSN Messenger on Linux

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10

    MSN Messenger on Linux

    I have a problem..

    I try to make Kmess-1.3. I do configuring properly and successfully, but when I
    Code:
    make
    I get this after a longer while:
    Code:
    mimemessage.cpp:248: error: parse error before `(' token
    mimemessage.cpp:251: error: `dwsrc' undeclared (first use this function)
    mimemessage.cpp:251: error: `dwdest' undeclared (first use this function)
    mimemessage.cpp:251: error: `DwDecodeQuotedPrintable' undeclared (first use
       this function)
    mimemessage.cpp: In member function `QCString MimeMessage::decodeBase64(const
       QCString&) const':
    mimemessage.cpp:264: error: parse error before `(' token
    mimemessage.cpp:268: error: `DwDecodeBase64' undeclared (first use this
       function)
    make[2]: *** [mimemessage.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/ramdisk/home/knoppix/kmess-1.3/kmess/network'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/ramdisk/home/knoppix/kmess-1.3/kmess/network'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

    I really want to get a MSN messenger on Linux, to get contact with friends. But I just.. can't. Any help please?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3

    MSN Messenger on Linux

    I would highly recommend AMSN (Alvaro's Messenger). It features multilanguage support, file transfers, new graphical interface, animated emoticons, multiple profiles support, dock icon, sound events, email notification, url processing, as well as support for user display pictures.

    I use it all the time.

    You can find it at : http://amsn.sourceforge.net/ or http://sourceforge.net/projects/amsn/



    Hope this helps!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    157
    Get them to use Yahoo IM! Yahoo IM is awesome! It has a great reputation for not allowing spam and works great. MSN is always copying all Yahoo IMs ideas.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunkah
    Get them to use Yahoo IM! Yahoo IM is awesome! It has a great reputation for not allowing spam and works great. MSN is always copying all Yahoo IMs ideas.
    Well, at least their client software is buggy and you are tied to their servers. A Jabber enabled client (I think Psi is included in Knoppix) and an account on a Jabber server near you is a much better choice.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    157
    What the heck is Jabber?! I don't think anyone uses that around here!!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunkah
    What the heck is Jabber?! I don't think anyone uses that around here!!!
    A little googling would have taken you here: http://www.jabber.org/
    Some jabber servers can also forward messages to/from other services like yahoo or msn if you can't convince some of your friends to use it. I'm sure I'm not the only on who uses it, otherwise Klaus wouldn't have put clients for it into Knoppix

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunkah
    What the heck is Jabber?! I don't think anyone uses that around here!!!
    Sorry but that's all I use. It's open. It's not tied to one central server, but users can still communicate to users on other Jabber servers. Encryption works great with Jabber on Kopete. BTW, I don't use MSN, but Kopete also supports that if the previous poster wants to give that a try. I know that not as many people use Jabber as AIM, Yahoo, and MSN, but it certainly has advantages over the others. You can even set up your own Jabber server for your intranet. Also most Jabber servers have plugins that let you communicate with AIM, Yahoo, and the like. You can get an account over at myjabber.net and try it out. You don't have to use their client (it's for Windows). You can log onto their server with any Jabber client (Gaim, Kopete, PSI etc)

    Adam

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7

    Knopix Msn , how to install

    I am very new with knoppix and i have installed on my harddisk. Its a very cool operating system. I use it now as my standard operating system. Its so cool , i really love it its maybe better then LINUX REDHAT that i ever had installed. But i need to install msn messenger. But i forgot what the .exe is in knoppix. Damn it, that really stinks. I forgot it because i used windows 2003 for a few months. I need help, please

Similar Threads

  1. AOL instant Messenger
    By SilverFox7331 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-20-2004, 03:32 PM
  2. Yahoo Messenger on klik
    By solaris in forum Klik
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2004, 02:23 AM
  3. Instal Yahoo Messenger
    By evilkat in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 06:27 AM
  4. yahoo messenger
    By magoo in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2003, 05:15 PM
  5. How to use MSN-messenger?
    By zerveza in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 01:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro picture

Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro

$209.95



Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro picture

Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro

$209.95



Lenovo IdeaCentre Q190 (Type 10115) Mini PC Brand New Console Only 4GBram 500gb picture

Lenovo IdeaCentre Q190 (Type 10115) Mini PC Brand New Console Only 4GBram 500gb

$300.00



Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor

$27.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor 3.8GHz picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor 3.8GHz

$165.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core Socket AM5 4.2GHz CPU 96MB L3 910WOF picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core Socket AM5 4.2GHz CPU 96MB L3 910WOF

$245.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$395.95



Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro picture

Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro

$209.95



Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro picture

Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro

$209.95