Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: xawtv doesn't saves settings for my tv tuner

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5

    xawtv doesn't saves settings for my tv tuner

    Hi, I am a beginner in Linux.

    I performed a full hdd install of Knoppix 3.3.
    My tv card is no. 96 and my tuner is no. 28 in setting program.
    After each time I reboot, I have to set-up my tuner again, otherwise xawtv doesn't work.
    I noticed that xawtv remembers the channels, so I don't have to scan again for the tv channels.

    I took a look at modules.conf but is very different than the one I had
    under Red Hat 9, and I am not sure what changes to do.

    Please help me.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1

    re: xawtv doesn't saves settings for my tv tuner

    hi,

    try this: cp the .xawtvrc- file in your $HOME (e. g. /home/knoppix/)

    or: man 5 xawtvrc


    cu

    miguel

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5
    Hi,
    Sorry for the delayed answer, but I was away for home and for my computer for a while.
    I started my computer in Linux, configured my tv tuner, and after that I searched for xawtvrc or .xawtvrc but I didn't find them.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1
    Hi,

    I've experienced the same problem. I can not find the xawtvrc file nowhere on HDD. Including /etc/X11. What can I do?
    My problem: the full screen is showing a lot of "black screen" around the actual tv chanel. I want to edit this "xawtvrc" file to corect this thing ( if possible ).

    Thank you

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    24
    Your xawtv configuration file is: ~/.xawtv. Edit this, and look for the line 'use-wm-fullscreen = yes'

    Then do this:

    Edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, scroll down until you find: Section "Module"

    Then add this line: Load "v4l". This loads the video4linux X11 module.

    If that doesn't work, your video card may also need the bttv module explicitly loaded at boot. For example, my ATI TV-Wonder VE requires the following line inserted into /etc/modutils/actions: options bttv card=64 tuner=2 (then run update-modules)

    For other xawtv configuration options, run configure_xawtv, although I believe that the newer versions of Knoppix have a 'configure tv' option in the Knoppix menu (I still run Knoppix 3.2).

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5
    Hi cul971

    Did you solved the problem with the card ??? Mine also does not remember settings after the reboot.
    Thx for responce

Similar Threads

  1. Puppy Linux saves to CD-R !
    By rsmanyan in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2005, 06:45 PM
  2. Knoppix setting saves and more...
    By Flitt in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2003, 09:11 AM
  3. ??Persistent Home & Config Saves??
    By qa1433 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 05:21 PM
  4. Knoppix Saves The Data!
    By k.otaku in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2003, 04:07 PM
  5. Knoppix saves my company money!
    By Stonent in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-12-2003, 08:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.75