hi,
try this: cp the .xawtvrc- file in your $HOME (e. g. /home/knoppix/)
or: man 5 xawtvrc
cu
miguel
Hi, I am a beginner in Linux.
I performed a full hdd install of Knoppix 3.3.
My tv card is no. 96 and my tuner is no. 28 in setting program.
After each time I reboot, I have to set-up my tuner again, otherwise xawtv doesn't work.
I noticed that xawtv remembers the channels, so I don't have to scan again for the tv channels.
I took a look at modules.conf but is very different than the one I had
under Red Hat 9, and I am not sure what changes to do.
Please help me.
hi,
try this: cp the .xawtvrc- file in your $HOME (e. g. /home/knoppix/)
or: man 5 xawtvrc
cu
miguel
Hi,
Sorry for the delayed answer, but I was away for home and for my computer for a while.
I started my computer in Linux, configured my tv tuner, and after that I searched for xawtvrc or .xawtvrc but I didn't find them.
Hi,
I've experienced the same problem. I can not find the xawtvrc file nowhere on HDD. Including /etc/X11. What can I do?
My problem: the full screen is showing a lot of "black screen" around the actual tv chanel. I want to edit this "xawtvrc" file to corect this thing ( if possible ).
Thank you
Your xawtv configuration file is: ~/.xawtv. Edit this, and look for the line 'use-wm-fullscreen = yes'
Then do this:
Edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, scroll down until you find: Section "Module"
Then add this line: Load "v4l". This loads the video4linux X11 module.
If that doesn't work, your video card may also need the bttv module explicitly loaded at boot. For example, my ATI TV-Wonder VE requires the following line inserted into /etc/modutils/actions: options bttv card=64 tuner=2 (then run update-modules)
For other xawtv configuration options, run configure_xawtv, although I believe that the newer versions of Knoppix have a 'configure tv' option in the Knoppix menu (I still run Knoppix 3.2).
Hi cul971
Did you solved the problem with the card ??? Mine also does not remember settings after the reboot.
Thx for responce

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99