If you're running from the CD it's not going to save any changes you make. Knoppix runs off RAM alone. If you're talking about a HD install (are you?) then that's another issue altogether...
I keep deleting several icons each session and they reappear the next. Also kde scramble s the cicons on the desk top. Why?
Icons I want to get rid of are duplicate cdrom icons and Selflinux link.
If you're running from the CD it's not going to save any changes you make. Knoppix runs off RAM alone. If you're talking about a HD install (are you?) then that's another issue altogether...
I am talking about the hard disk install.
K-menu -> Settings -> Control Center -> Kde components -> Session Manager -> On Login -> Restore Manually Saved Session.
Then you can delete the icons and choose "Save Settings" under K-menu.
Don't know why, but I don't need to do it to save my KDE-settings. I just have Restore Session checked.
Tried the above. I couldn't believe it but the offending icons still came back. In the case of the link to Selflinux. I even deleted the file it was linked to. It still came back.
Weird!
If you don't need it, remove the selflinux package with:
apt-get remove --purge selflinux
Won't solve your other iconproblems though![]()
You haven't by any chance copied over your .kde from another user so your current user doesn't have ownership?
Self linux is scripted to appear in KDE's autostartup. You have to comment out several lines in the offending script to get rid of it. Search these forums and you will find the details. I beleive I stumbled on the answer in asomeone's remastering guide.
As for the cd-rom icons- you should be able to select what vareity of mediums and partitions will be displayed on the desktop, somewhere in the control center.

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
FLASHFORGE AD5X Upgraded Multi-Color 3D Printer CoreXY High-Speed Auto Refill US
$349.00
Apple MFi Flash Drive Memory Storage Photo Stick for iPhone iPad Lightning USB C
$37.99
New PNY Pro Elite V3 1TB USB-A Flash Drive
$79.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$7.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
Lot of 10 4GB USB 2.0 Flash Drives
$65.00