-
Junior Member
registered user
CD-based Knoppix as webserver?
I have looked at Knoppix for a while to get the feel of it...Very Good!!
I like the idea of running the OS from CD, but want to use a HDD as host for my web pages. I can do it OK with MSWindows <washes mouth out> and several flavours of linux <redeems reputation>. But I dont see any clear info how to create and save links so that I can hold apache config on either HDD or FD and make it point to my HDD as the root directory of my website.
Has anyone else done this? & if so can you give me any pointers?
I hope this is the right forum; I did look at Networking but it seems to be about setting card & nameserver IP addies etc.
Also - does PHP and MySQL work ok for dynamic pages under Knoppix?
Thanks in advance for any help. It would mean I can set up intranets for voluntary groups.
Similar Threads
-
By hall in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 10:27 AM
-
By tazzi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-26-2004, 12:29 AM
-
By rubis in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 11-26-2003, 04:44 PM
-
By pilovis in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:17 PM
-
By TheSovereign in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-11-2003, 12:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00