-
Junior Member
registered user
Latest Progress:-
I cannot create an entry in /etc/hosts to create a location address without remastering. Is there anyway to spoof this? Using the ip address only, eg 10.0.0.99 doesnt work because one of the utilities on my website needs the FDQN of the site. I think the command 'domainname' only sets a local network name; similarly 'hostname', while 'dnsdomainname' can only report the current setting of the FQDN. I need to be able to do this so that my internal network points to the server within itself when I request, eg www.fred.net. DNS automatically picks that up as my external firewall & immediately asks me to supply userid & password so I can be admin for that. As far as I know I can only use hosts to change this. I have not found a cheatcode and Faq Network skips over this.
I have a suspicion that PHP will fall over even if I manage part one, it needs mods to the ini file to allow includes, the knoppix default being turned off.
Similar Threads
-
By hall in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 10:27 AM
-
By tazzi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-26-2004, 12:29 AM
-
By rubis in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 11-26-2003, 04:44 PM
-
By pilovis in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:17 PM
-
By TheSovereign in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-11-2003, 12:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

JUNIPER QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48x 10/25GbE SFP28 8x 40/100GbE Network Switch Dual PSU
$6998.00

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99