Quote Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
Why not just install to hdd with knoppix-installer?

Regards,
I want to be able to set up old pcs as servers for organisations for intranets. I want to be able to create a uniform operating system that I can hand to them, but at the same time I want to make it so that they can over-ride some of my controls, eg put the website files on a second HDD, or even be able to swop boxes quickly if they get a hardware failure. And think of all those 400Mb disks that can have an extended life while using the best modern operating system.
It would mean I could email them a small batch of configuration files & just send the latest OS on CD without them having the hassle of installing it - so far knoppix has worked from the cd on all the boxes I've tried. And there is no backward migration needed if they dont like the new version or it doesnt work on their configurations.
Developing countries as well?
Plus, of course, its an amusing exercise!