Friends,
I was wondering if supermount-ng kernel patch is being considered for upcoming releases of Knoppix?
http://supermount-ng.sourceforge.net/
Seems to work fine in Lindows' and Xandros' distros; CDs load and eject without a hitch -- nice.
Rick
Friends,
I was wondering if supermount-ng kernel patch is being considered for upcoming releases of Knoppix?
http://supermount-ng.sourceforge.net/
Seems to work fine in Lindows' and Xandros' distros; CDs load and eject without a hitch -- nice.
Rick
I like the Idea! Did you ask Klaus Knopper?
Err ... no. I wasn't aware that I could ask Klause personally -- figured he scanned the forum once in a while for feedback. I'll look into this. Thanx.
Rick
Klaus has nothing to do with the management of Knoppix.net. He may look at things over here once in a while, but I think it's infrequent. You would do best to put in an email to the Knoppix developers list. I too think this would be a good idea though.
Knoppix don't come with automount? Try using it!
I had a talk with Marcelo Tossati (2.4.x kernell mantainer) and ask if it was going to be part of the new kernells, so for short he say that supermount was a hack an it is best to use automount.
We used to compile Kernells only to patch supermount inside and it is a lot of work, and Automount looks like don't need all this.
Isn't removing drives dangerous when using automount? As I understood, supermount-ng always "flushes" the cache so that you can remove drives at any time, while automount doesn't.Originally Posted by vmedina
And, how do I enable automount for all my drives easily?
Exactly. Automount is a pain in the ass compared to supermount. This is still a good idea.Originally Posted by probono
I agree, I really think supermount should be included. easier than automount, nice automagical behaviour... which fits knoppix, imho.
SuSE seems also to go with it in their upcoming 9.1 release:
"For Linux veterans, the time has come to part with a Linux peculiarity many have become fond of: the mounting and unmounting of removable media. CDs and DVDs can now be ejected with a button click without having to unmount them manually. "
http://www.suse.de/en/private/produc...interview.html
It's also discussed with Kano for Kanotix... let's see who'll have it first...

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
HP EliteBook 830 G8 Core I7-1185G7 3.00GHz Laptop 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD
$250.00
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
2019 MacBook Pro 16” A2141 8-Core Intel i9 2.4GHz 32GB 1TB Radeon 5500M 8 GB
$360.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00