-
Patition resize error
I resized a ReiserFS partition to 1 GB via QTParter and then I Ghosted it to a new PC. When I boot Knoppix on the Ghosted PC it displays numerous errors on boot.
Any ideas on how to update the "hardware database" via the boot prompt? Any other ideas and suggestions are welcome!
-
It's fixed!
It's fixed! I managed to solve a complex Linux problem outside of this forum and I'm so happy 
The solution was to edit /etc/lilo.conf on the orginal PC where I disabled support for harddisks over 2 GB. Then I Ghosted the other PC with the new image. Voila!
Similar Threads
-
By Gencho in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-08-2005, 01:38 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-27-2004, 12:32 AM
-
By Slay3r in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-17-2004, 04:35 AM
-
By pucko in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 10:46 AM
-
By THiM in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 03:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage Edmark TouchWindow for Macintosh DeskTop Computer Touch Window Never Usd
$79.99

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Vintage Apple Mac mini CIB (2009 Mod A1283) Original box/sealed manuals
$450.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Vintage Mac System 7 Personal Upgrade Kit Apple Software 3.5” Floppy
$29.99

1991 Vintage Apple Macintosh Mac System Disks 914-0363-B Install Tidbits 7.0.1
$19.99

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Keyboard M0115
$120.00

Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces
$40.99