There is a remaster that has NTFS write support, check out this thread:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6546
Enjoy![]()
Knoppix newbie here. I am running Knoppix from a CD trying to recover a crashed XP Pro install (need to rebuild the registry). I obviously need read/write access to the NTFS partition that houses the Windows files, however, I have had no luck in doing so. Knoppix is mounting the partition fine and I have read access but cannot figure out how to give write access as well. Can this be done? I need to be able to delete files from my windows/system folders to rebuild the registry. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
There is a remaster that has NTFS write support, check out this thread:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6546
Enjoy![]()
I noticed slax mounts my NTFS partition rw. It may be wise to ask on their forum which driver they're using and how safe this is, though... The download is comparatively small (200 Mb), and you get a nice KDE 3.2 preview for the same price - free!

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server
$525.00
Windows Server 2025 Standard Edition - 24 Core License
$238.00
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99
USED Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 BAREBONES Server NO RAM HDD or CPU, 2x 750w PSU 🚚
$170.00
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge R640 1U 8SFF Server Barebones 2x Gold 5120 64GB H330 2x 750w
$538.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87