-
DHCP works then it DOES NOT WORK
Here is a quick summary of what is going on.
I am using Knoppix V3.3 11.14.
Boot on any of my two machines (totally different) the first time and I get an IP address from the DHCP server.
Shut down and restart can't get an IP address from the DHCP server.
I talked with our router guys and so far they have not found out why the router/DHCP is marking the IP address as unavailable.
I have to get the "DHCP record" re enabled to get an ip address. Same thing happens again.
I have not included any HW info on the routers because I don't know what they are. I did not include machine info, as it seems to do it on 2 totally different pc's.
This does not happen with any other OS on these PC's.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By frenco in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-29-2005, 08:58 AM
-
By franz29 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-02-2005, 06:19 PM
-
By zZyXx in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 05:57 PM
-
By drg55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-23-2003, 12:47 PM
-
By Mokoshi in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 03:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99