-
Once again: PCMCIA-CDROM
Hi everybody! This is my first post here and my English isn't really fluent, so please be forgiving ....
OK, Facts first. It's a old Compaq Laptop. P133, 80MB RAM, 2G HDD. No internal CDROM. Obsolete BIOS.
The PCMCIA-CDRW is a Sony CRX75A (supported by ide-cs in 16bit-mode only).
So I tried the PCMCIA-Bootdisks from www.luell.com and almost made it to the console I need to install
Gentoo on that box. Yeah, almost. Here the output:
Loading PCMCIA modules...
Starting cardmanager...
cardmanager [12]: get dev info on socket 0 failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
Accessing KNOPPIX CDROM at /dev/hdc.../modules/cloop.o: init_module:
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid
IO and IRQ parameters
Damned, I can hear the CDRW spin up ... but no go. lsmod looks like that:
knoppix# lsmod
ide-cs 3140 1
ds 6344 2 [ide-cs]
i82092 6488 0 (unused)
i82365 12388 2
pcmcia_core 39488 0 [ide-cs ds i82092 i82365]
knoppix#
Hmm, looks quite OK. I haven't specified any parameters, maybe I should have done so?
/etc/pcmcia/config is OK too. Did I miss something? Any help from you guys (and girls)
would be very appreciated...
yours kea
-
What I did on my old laptop was install the base "Woody" from boot floppies and the PCMCIA CD-ROM, then copy the Knoppix CD to a hard disk partition and boot it from there with a Knoppix boot floppy. However, I have a 6 GB hard drive and you only have a 2 GB hard drive. I forget exactly how big the base "Woody" install is, but you should have room for it and a 768 MB CD image.
Similar Threads
-
By Marcus658 in forum Laptops
Replies: 30
Last Post: 07-25-2006, 02:53 AM
-
By TyphoonMentat in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 10:02 AM
-
By vx_imran in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-29-2004, 05:49 AM
-
By vx_imran in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-26-2004, 09:47 AM
-
By TheIowan in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 07:06 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Grade A Micron 64GB PC4-3200AA DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF8G72PZ-3G2 LOT
$599.99

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM
$120.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00