-
Junior Member
registered user
How to integrate new window-manager?
I installed knoppix 3.3 in knoppix-mode to hd. With apt-get I installed qvwm. The start-params can be changed in /etc/lilo.conf, i.e. xmodule=... screen=... desktop=qvwm.
But when I put desktop=qvwm as param, kde starts instead..
How can I integrate qvwm, so that it starts when starting X?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I am looking for the answer to this as well. I would like to switch between KDE and QVWM on a remastered cd.
I run "init 3" from a root shell to stop kde. Then I create a .xsession file in the root directory with the contents "exec qvwm" and use startx or "init 5" to restart xwindows, but only kde boots up.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Paul
-
Junior Member
registered user
Today I found the solution!
to see which scripts have something to do with window-managers, type:
cd /etc
grep -R icewm *
Change script: /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45Xsession
duplicate the function starticewm and change to startqvwm. change the icewm¦ICEWM after exec to qvwm¦QVWM.
At the end of the script in
case ...
double again the line with icewm and change to qvwm.
Change script /etc/knoppix-autoconfig
In the line where is kde¦icewm¦twm .... add qvwm
now you should be able to choose at booting prompt desktop=qvwm
-
change KDE
veuf said:
Change script: /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45Xsession
don't exist, onli nnxfree86-common
-
Junior Member
registered user
Do you use knoppix? Are you logged in as root? If not root, type "su" to become root.
-
Do you use knoppix?
yes, knoppix 3.3 (kernel 2.4.22-xfs)
in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/ only are:
20xfree86-common_process-args
30xfree86-common_xresources
50xfree86-common_determine-startup
90xfree86-common_ssh-agents
99xfree86-common_start
it uses symbolic variables.
..._start only have this line:
exec $REALSTARTUP
..._determine-startup promise because it have:
.
.
elif [ -x /usr/bin//x-window-manager]; then
REALSTARTUP=x-window-manager
.
.
Similar Threads
-
By RattyMan in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-23-2004, 07:32 PM
-
By gmwest5 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 10:17 AM
-
By e7eMeNt in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 03:02 AM
-
By neotheonlyone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-07-2003, 03:15 AM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-10-2003, 06:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Western Digital WD15EVDS-63V9B0 1.5TB
$79.90

WD Re 3TB Enterprise 3.5" HDD SATA 6Gb/s 7200RPM 64MB Cache
$70.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)
$61.56

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500 GB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00