Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Default SMB username/password

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2

    Default SMB username/password

    Even though I enter all the needed info in Control Center - Local Network Browsing, Konqueror keeps asking me for username and password for every smb:// address I type. There's also no option to cache these as far as I can tell, which leads to complete hell when I forget to turn off the option to display thumbnails for all the image files
    This, combined with LinNeighborhood brokenness, is a pretty big problem for me since now there is now no easy way for me to pop in the Knoppix CD and access windows network shares right away. I know I can just use a Bash Konsole to smbmount shares instead (which is what I've been doing), but frankly that just sucks.
    Does anyone have any ideas to make this work? Or maybe another way to easily browse the network?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2
    In case anyone else encounters this problem, I managed to make LinNeighborhood work by reinstalling it in KPackage. Not a problem for me, since I've hdinstalled Knoppix now, but it would still be a problem for CD-users. I guess this is something that will be/has been fixed in newer versions?

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix username etc
    By mithereal in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 12:00 PM
  2. knoppix username
    By stclaus in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 04:49 PM
  3. Full replacement of knoppix username,uid,groupname,gid.
    By nosknoppix in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 09:12 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-17-2004, 10:53 AM
  5. What is the default "/root" password?
    By villain_2006 in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS  PromBlaster picture

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster

$895.00



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE

$249.00



Bering OptiPac 3315 OPT 401 205 HP / IBM Vintage Storage PC Computer 1983 3.5” picture

Bering OptiPac 3315 OPT 401 205 HP / IBM Vintage Storage PC Computer 1983 3.5”

$100.00



Tandy 1000 Personal Computer Keyboard 8-Pin DIN Radio Shack Vintage Untested picture

Tandy 1000 Personal Computer Keyboard 8-Pin DIN Radio Shack Vintage Untested

$49.99



Vintage IIT XtraDrive 3.0 Disk Compression Software Windows DOS 5.25

Vintage IIT XtraDrive 3.0 Disk Compression Software Windows DOS 5.25" Floppy Box

$23.74



Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts picture

Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts

$49.78



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99