-
Junior Member
registered user
block-major-2 error on boot
I'm having this problem with running Knoppix 3.2 9/03 on a Desknote computer. The desknote has no floppy drive built in and I know that's the problem after reading some notes on Google, so I'm posting here as I know this is more likely a problem that laptop users will run into. Hopefully someone has found a solution.
Taking it another step, I can boot without a floppy drive okay. Knoppix seems to continue booting after the block-major-2 error is displayed twice. After booting, Knoppix recognizes my USB mouse (the first version of Knoppix to do so). BUT, when I add my USB floppy drive to the Desknote (to avoid the block-major-2 error), Knoppix still boots with a block-major-2 error and then fails to recognize my usb mouse.
Has anyone found a way to boot without a floppy or get Knoppix to recognize a usb floppy drive?
Similar Threads
-
By HONK in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 07:45 PM
-
By phillfri in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-26-2003, 01:52 AM
-
By phillfri in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-19-2003, 03:33 AM
-
By ls_linux in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-15-2003, 01:54 AM
-
By ls_linux in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-11-2003, 09:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Team-Group T-force 2x8GB Desktop Memory
$50.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black
$429.94

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00