Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: IPconfig /release equivalent

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30

    IPconfig /release equivalent

    I know that ifconfig eth0 down shuts down the ether net card.

    But does this do a release of the ip address? Like windows ipconfig /release.

    My Network guys what me to do a release to test my problem I am having.

    This is related to my problem with not getting an ip address from the dhcp server after one session of Knoppix.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    pump --release

    (read the pump man page for more info)

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30
    When I try to run pump in a terminal window it says it must be run as administrator. (I don't think I have the ability to get at the admin rights in KNOPPIX??? do I).

    And if I do how can I get it to do a release when I shut down a cd version. My network guys say the problem I am having is because it is not releasing correctly when it shuts down.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    Try "sudo pump --release"

Similar Threads

  1. ipconfig question/network commands help
    By digitalcry in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 01:55 AM
  2. ipconfig = ifconfig, ok. /release = ???
    By xave in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 07:47 AM
  3. windows ipconfig equivalent
    By Brohan in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2004, 10:27 PM
  4. KNOPPIX equivalent for Windows ?
    By garyng in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2003, 01:54 AM
  5. Glade Equivalent for KDE??
    By Coume in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 09:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$12.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01