help
my computer dosent like Knoppix STD when i boot frome the CD everything looks fine. i get to where the penguin comes up and says: "error: only one (i forgot) found" and then it says stuff like it has varifed the mouse and all that junk. Then Right when i think i have it The screen just died. I have tryed all the reccomended commands that you are sopposed to do in this situation (i found it on the FAQ on Knoppix-std.org) but nothing seems to work. Pleas help
help
I suggest you look at the cheat codes
I fixed a similar problem by entering this at the boot prompt
boot: knoppix xmodule=vesa
"error, only one processor found' ???? You probably have an old network type motherboard like a netvista. I have knoppix running on several machines and this is the only one that does that and it is / was a netvista from ibm.
Just ignore that error, it should run fine other wise.
Your other problem.. I too am a newbie.
Post your video card type and etc. Many times it is a unsupported video card or, in the case of my 350 machine, the monitor is some really off brand that linux doesn't like. I just found one that it ran okay as and to heck with it.
I dont believe it is a real error in the sense that something is wrong. It is just knoppix reporting that your computer only has one processor. Knoppix can deal with computers that have a dual processor (2 cpu's). The term is smp (symmetric multiprocessing) if you are ever looking for a dual cpu motherboard.
johnb
JumpyClip,
I had an older system, still runs, but, running off the Live CD of Knoppix, I had to use the cheat codes to get a "visible" monitor.
My situation:
ATI All-In-Wonder Video Card,
ViewSonic ViewPanel VA700
boot: knoppix screen=1024x768 vrefresh=60
My problem was, the last thing showing on the monitor, just BEFORE the "out of sync" message from my monitor, was the "X Server" information, which is displayed as the X Window Server is starting up.
Hope this helps,

11 Vintage Apple 3.5" Floppy Disc Label
$10.00
Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00
Apple IIe Vintage Personal Computer A2S2064
$199.99
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals
$50.00
Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple
$60.00
Apple Computer cards Super Serial SCSI AST -Orange Micro ++ Vintage 1980's
$169.00
VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh M1212 Color Display Monitor *Untested*
$69.99