-
DHCP Fails after several exchanges with Server
I've looked throught the archives and couldn't find any help for my problem so I'll ask here. Thanks in advance for your help.
I have a DHCP server that works fine with my Win98/NT/2000/XP boxes, but when I boot KNOPPIX on any of these machines, my packet monitor shows a series of exchanges between the KNOPPIX box and the DHCP server: discovery, request, ARP, offer, request, offer, request, DHCPNAK.
It would appear that KNOPPIX doesn't recognize the offer from the DHCP server. If I manually configure the NIC, all is well and everything works.
Can anyone offer suggestions? I've tried pump repeatedly and it always fails with a sequence similar to the above.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By comechivos in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-17-2005, 08:38 PM
-
By teopatl in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 06:06 PM
-
By drekidd in forum Networking
Replies: 26
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 09:12 PM
-
By bhavin in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 08:14 AM
-
By steingra in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 12:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00