~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Originally Posted by veuf
AFAIK the structure of the HD base is quite different than that of the LIVE CD structure. I don't think it would work,
When installed in knoppix-mode, the image is being decompressed on the partition and mounted rw. So it is possible to add/remove software.
I'd like to do a "poor mans remastering": install knoppix in knoppix-mode to hd, install/remove software and customizing the look&feel, desktop ..., and then recreate an iso for burning on cd.
Has somebody already tried this and can give any tips?
Probably a script that does the job?
Thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Originally Posted by veuf
AFAIK the structure of the HD base is quite different than that of the LIVE CD structure. I don't think it would work,
I mean Knoppix-mode, that means, the cd is only decompressed and copied to hd.

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Vintage Linux DVD - Knoppix 5.2 - c't Magazine - 7 / 2007 - Software Collection 2
$7.84
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.59