-
Problem with graphics
Knoppix runs fine on my system, except that certain programs that use a lot of graphics (i.e. games) run extraordinarily slowly (<1 fps) everything else appears fine.
Just curious to know if there is a fix for this. I have the same problem with other live Cd's so it probably has something to do with my system....
I am using a Voodoo3 2000 by the way.
Thanks!
-
-
What apps?
What applications are you experiencing difficulty with?
-
Senior Member
registered user
rookworm,
I am guessing, a specific game I have that is "snail" speed is: Chromium, or any of the "Arcade" games that expect 3d acceleration video cards. Considering that my motherboard mounted video card is more likely the "low-end" of any video card, and that is "shares" video memory with the system memory, that this is the cause for my "slow" games.
My older system had a motherboard mounted video card, and I installed a ATI All-In-Wonder, PCI video card, with 8 meg of ram on the board - and the games were nicely running then. I also installed Knoppix to the Hard Drive.
Considering my new system, I have also installed Knoppix to the Hard Drive, but am still using the motherboard video card, and the games mentioned above are still running at a "crawling" speed. Sometime, when I get up the money, I'll go for another AGP card slot video card, and probably the games above will run more like they are intended.
Hopefully this helps,
Cuddles
-
Yeah...before I installed the nvidia drivers for my card games like tuxracer looked more like moving pictures than a video game. Now it runs smoothly. Maybe there are linux drivers for your card somewhere?
Similar Threads
-
By mom2tatjana in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 07:15 AM
-
By Borthas in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By likeapear in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 09:28 AM
-
By andrei in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:33 PM
-
By rmayer1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-09-2003, 11:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$599.00

MINIX NEO Z83-4 MAX Fanless Mini PC Win 11 Pro 4GB 128GB Home Lab Linux Server
$69.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00

Turbolinux Server and Workstation, Red Hat, Maximum Linux LOT 13 CDs
$40.00

Ubuntu 26.04 LTS – 3 DVD Set Desktop - Server - Studio Edition - Grade AAA+
$14.99

HP ProLiant DL360P G8 Server 2.60Ghz 16-Core 96GB 2X 300GB Enterprise (Renewed)
$140.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 16-Core Perpetual License | Factory Sealed
$724.63