anybody?
Knoppix runs fine on my system, except that certain programs that use a lot of graphics (i.e. games) run extraordinarily slowly (<1 fps) everything else appears fine.
Just curious to know if there is a fix for this. I have the same problem with other live Cd's so it probably has something to do with my system....
I am using a Voodoo3 2000 by the way.
Thanks!
anybody?
What applications are you experiencing difficulty with?
rookworm,
I am guessing, a specific game I have that is "snail" speed is: Chromium, or any of the "Arcade" games that expect 3d acceleration video cards. Considering that my motherboard mounted video card is more likely the "low-end" of any video card, and that is "shares" video memory with the system memory, that this is the cause for my "slow" games.
My older system had a motherboard mounted video card, and I installed a ATI All-In-Wonder, PCI video card, with 8 meg of ram on the board - and the games were nicely running then. I also installed Knoppix to the Hard Drive.
Considering my new system, I have also installed Knoppix to the Hard Drive, but am still using the motherboard video card, and the games mentioned above are still running at a "crawling" speed. Sometime, when I get up the money, I'll go for another AGP card slot video card, and probably the games above will run more like they are intended.
Hopefully this helps,
Cuddles
Yeah...before I installed the nvidia drivers for my card games like tuxracer looked more like moving pictures than a video game. Now it runs smoothly. Maybe there are linux drivers for your card somewhere?

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99
Juniper Networks SRX340 16x1GbE Ports Service Gateway Security Appliance W/ Ears
$79.99
Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99
Juniper EX2300-C-12P POE+ Switch 12 x 1GbE & 2 SFP+ 10G uplinks
$124.99
New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty
$895.00
Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch
$249.99
JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99
Juniper EX3400-48T Ethernet Switch, 12-Port, Gigabit, Rack Mount
$184.99