you should type #su before de insmod and make install commands to gain root access.
Hi, sorry for my english. I've got wifi atheros (D-link G520 (b,g)) on Knoppix liveCD 3.3 11-19-03.
After make drivers(madwifi) i have made 3 files(wlan.o,ath_hal.o,ath_pci.o). I need to do insmod
insmod wlan/wlan.o
insmod ath_hal/ath_hal.o
insmod driver/ath_pci.o
I have this report:
knoppix@ttyp0[madwifi]$insmod wlan/wlan.o
wlan/wlan.o: create_module: Operation not permitted
I also tried make install:
knoppix@ttyp0[madwifi]$ make install
for i in ./ath_hal ./wlan ./driver; do \
(cd $i; make install); \
done
make[1]: Entering directory `/ramdisk/home/knoppix/madwifi/ath_hal'
test -d //lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/net || mkdir //lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/net
cp ath_hal.o //lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/net
cp: cannot create regular file `//lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/net/ath_hal.o': Read-only file system
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/ramdisk/home/knoppix/madwifi/ath_hal'
make[1]: Entering directory `/ramdisk/home/knoppix/madwifi/wlan'
test -d //lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/net || mkdir //lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/net
cp wlan.o //lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/net
cp: cannot create regular file `//lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/net/wlan.o': Read-only file system
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/ramdisk/home/knoppix/madwifi/wlan'
make[1]: Entering directory `/ramdisk/home/knoppix/madwifi/driver'
test -d //lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/net || mkdir //lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/net
cp ath_pci.o //lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/net
cp: cannot create regular file `//lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/net/ath_pci.o': Read-only file system
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/ramdisk/home/knoppix/madwifi/driver'
make: *** [install] Error 2
I have installed Redhat FEDORA Core 0.95 and it works there.
Plz help me!!!![]()
you should type #su before de insmod and make install commands to gain root access.

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99
Juniper Network QFX5100-48S-AFO 48x SFP/SFP+ 6x 40GbE QSFP+ Switch w/ Dual power
$223.20
Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch
$249.99
Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99
Juniper EX2300-C-12P POE+ Switch 12 x 1GbE & 2 SFP+ 10G uplinks
$124.99
Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)
$999.99
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper Networks SRX340 16x1GbE Ports Service Gateway Security Appliance W/ Ears
$79.99