The great thing about Knoppix is that it is free, open, and customizable. You can easily remove software, simplify the KDE menus, and remaster your own CD. You can even add an XP theme and call it LinuxXP Professional![]()
Hi,
I really like Knoppix I believe for most Windows users, it's too technical. First there are TOO MANY programs too choose from in the menu's. This really needs to be dumbed down, so only the essentials are show and the rest hidden or put onder some 'Advanced' menu or something. There's simply too much stuff which results in information overload for most people. I'm an highly qualified engineer myself but even I find distro's such as Xandros much more comfortable, even though there isn't much difference between it and Knoppix. It's just that Knoppix is too intense, with a myriad of programs, most of which even I don't know what they're for (or I didn't bother to check).
The great thing about Knoppix is that it is free, open, and customizable. You can easily remove software, simplify the KDE menus, and remaster your own CD. You can even add an XP theme and call it LinuxXP Professional![]()

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98