Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Where's the colour gone

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Logan City, Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    6

    Where's the colour gone

    Where's the colour gone
    Hi!, Thanks for your efforts
    After Installing Knoppix3.3 to Harddrive I noticed the text that scolls past when booting is not coloured any more. What gives? How do I get it back without running from the cdrom? I was looking forward to showing that part off to my friends.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western MA.
    Posts
    111
    I think you installed theDebian style, hard drive install. This is the default setting. I belive it is in the configuration files at the bottom in the knoppix-installer script. You will most likley need to re-install and choose a knoppix style install to get those colours back.
    johnb

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Logan City, Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    6

    Thanks, I'll try that out

    Thanks, I'll try that out

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western MA.
    Posts
    111
    you are welcome GlennsPref.

    johnb

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Logan City, Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    6

    still looking

    Thanks, johnb, I have tried that now, yes. but it hasn't changed the text.
    I may have to wait a while before trying that one again, else I'll never get that system setup. CHEERS, Glenn

Similar Threads

  1. The colour of user@hostname~@: ?
    By e2k in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2004, 09:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE picture

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE

$295.00



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99



IBM 00FN709 X3850 X6 Compute Book 3837 Barebone picture

IBM 00FN709 X3850 X6 Compute Book 3837 Barebone

$114.99