Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: no sound with Knoppix 3.3

  1. #21
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15

    lsmod results

    hello... you're all so fantastic with your support! anyways... the lsmod output:

    Module Size Used by Not tainted
    snd-pcm-oss 37540 0 (autoclean) (unused)
    snd-pcm 56576 0 (autoclean) [snd-pcm-oss]
    snd-timer 14824 0 (autoclean) [snd-pcm]
    snd-page-alloc 4016 0 (autoclean) [snd-pcm]
    mga 102456 9
    autofs4 8756 1 (autoclean)
    af_packet 13448 0 (autoclean)
    nls_cp437 4380 0 (autoclean)
    nls_iso8859-1 2876 0 (autoclean)
    ntfs 51168 0 (autoclean)
    msdos 4652 0 (autoclean)
    snd-mixer-oss 11256 0 (autoclean) [snd-pcm-oss]
    snd 27556 0 (autoclean) [snd-pcm-oss snd-pcm snd-timer snd-mixer-oss]
    soundcore 3428 0 (autoclean) [snd]
    agpgart 38296 3
    8139too 17096 1
    mii 2256 0 [8139too]
    serial 52004 0 (autoclean)
    usbnet 12066 0 (unused)
    crc32 2832 0 [8139too usbnet]
    usb-uhci 21868 0 (unused)
    usbcore 57472 1 [usbnet usb-uhci]
    apm 9768 2
    rtc 6940 0 (autoclean)
    cloop 9092 2

  2. #22
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Hmm, can't see a snd-hdsp module, it might be needed..
    What happens if you try:
    Code:
    insmod /lib/modules/extra/alsa/snd-hdsp.o
    (I don't have this card myself though so I'm only guessing)

  3. #23
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15

    I did, still no luck

    it responded with:
    unresolved symbol snd_hammerfall_free_buffer
    etc.

    thanks for your help anyway!

  4. #24
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15
    sorry... the topic seems missing.

    I did use the insmod command, but the unresolved symbol was the result. still no sound.

    On my laptop I only get sound from the Yamaha onboard AG-XG module. But the Hammerfall isn't working on that one either...

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382
    Did you try loading
    snd-hammerfall-mem
    and then loading
    snd-hdsp

    A quick google search seemed to indicate that it was necessary to load the other one first.

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3

    got sound working- not original poster

    Today I loaded 3.3-11-19-03 on my Toshiba 2805-s401. It has a Yamaha ymf-754 which I was told by sndconfig was not supported.

    I had booted from CD, then used Ctrl+Alt+F1 to view the boot info, it showed my soundcard, but also the errors that the sound.o file was missing. Booting with "knoppix alsa" option did enable the sound.

    But after using the knx-hdinstall script, I received errors in kde saying that /dev/dsp did not exist or was not available.

    In a root shell I ran alsa_init and watched it configure the module and load it.

    Now sound works, and nicely. I tested it okay in the kde-control-center.

    Thanks!
    Mike

  7. #27
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15
    I tried it on my laptop using the cardbus (PCMCIA) for the Hammerfall. runned als_init from root shell. it shows me this:
    aumix: no device found

    on both my dekstop (using PCI) and laptop (using PCMCIA) I can't get my RME Hammerfall to work.

    I guess I am out of luck...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Soundblaster Audigy and Knoppix 3.6 sound then no sound!
    By spitfire in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 02:56 AM
  2. SOund card fun:Sound Blaster Audigy OEM also Radeon 9600Pro
    By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
  3. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 04:45 PM
  4. Maxi Sound Muse half channels sound
    By dobell in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 07:45 PM
  5. SOund BLAster 5.1 on Knoppix 3.3 no sound
    By ICE_STORM in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2003, 11:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99