Have you tried typing knoppix alsa at bootup?
I am using Knoppix 3.3 and I am not able to use sound. I use the professional but fully supported RME Hammerfall.
Anyone?
Have you tried typing knoppix alsa at bootup?
how can I do that?
thanks for your help btw!
When you boot on the CD, type on the line BOOT :
knoppix alsa
yes, thanks. I misread your reply.
no, that's still not working. I tried to runn Knoppix on my Sony laptop using the same soundcard, but this time it's uaing the cardbus (PCMCIA). Still no luck...
mmm. any ideas?
The output of
could be useful. Would you mind posting it ?Code:lspci -v
In the meantime, a long shot would be to set the bios to "non-plug and play" and reboot with
boot: knoppix alsa
I am now running my Sony laptop for Knoppix. I typed the lspci -v command under the root-shell. But how can I get that text into a file to I can share it? Print+Screen doesn't seem to work like under Windows. Please let me know how I can send the command info to a file, then I will copy it to my other machine and post it here.
I am trying to write about my Linux experiments... must be nice for newbies like mecheck http://www.raapie.nl/linux/
typing "lspci -v > pcifile" will make a file named pcifile.
You can check it by typing "cat pcifile"
I will try later.
probably my soundcard, RME Hammerfall, is not supported. I runned sndconfig from the Rool shell. It did show me a message 'A PCI sound card was found...' but the another dialog showing 'The RME Hammerfall DSP is not supported'.
So I think it's not supported, right?

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00